Monday 29 December 2014

FINALE?

In about six months' time I shall be eighty years' old and I have decided that, as from today, I shall write no more blogs, at least for the time being. There are a host of reasons: I have been ill, I am running out of ideas, and I want to do other things. None of these reasons are remotely earth-shattering, but to me they seem very relevant.
And what other things do I want to do? Well, daubing acrylics pictures, listening to music, staring at the sea, family history research, and doing as much of nothing as I can get away with.
Seriously, for some time it has occurred to me that I don't have a lot fresh left to say, having scribbled and burbled far too much, anyway, over the last 65 years. Football? Much less interested that I was. Books to read? Absolutely. Transfixed by the boundless possibilities of digital technology? Not really. It's a useful tool, but so was a sharpened flint.
So after about 140 blogs I might have reached the bottom of the bucket. Have enjoyed it, though, and I have enjoyed your company. Perhaps we'll meet again some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment